Sunday, May 14, 2017

FY18 Candidate Bios: President

The FY18 nominating committee is very excited to present the following candidate bios for the elected positions listed below:
  • President (elect 1):
    • Grace Lefebure
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grace Lefebure

I moved to Seattle 4 years ago from West Chester, PA to work as a Stress Analysis Engineer at Boeing on the 777X Moveable Trailing Edge Flaps. I graduated from the University of Virginia in 2012 with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in biomedical engineering.
I currently serve as the President of SWE PNW. Before that, I held the roles of Vice President of Professional Development and Newsletter Editor in our section. Each of these roles has taught me a lot about engaging SWE members in both the virtual space and in-person. As newsletter editor, I communicated events, activities, and news to our members and worked with the virtual brand team to ensure consistent interaction with members. As the VP of PD, I leveraged those virtual platforms to advertise and encourage conversations about the in-person technical, social, and networking events.

As President, I identified a need for more consistent knowledge transfer between officers. As a volunteer organization, we have frequent turnover from year to year, and I’ve seen knowledge get lost as people move out of SWE PNW leadership. Our leadership team has been building infrastructure and creating guides so that knowledge is not lost from year to year. In the President role next year, I will continue this effort, enable our leadership team to host events that connect engineers both professionally and socially, and grow our relationship with the community to build the next generation of engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels