Sunday, May 14, 2017

FY18 Candidate Bios: Treasurer

The FY18 nominating committee is very excited to present the following candidate bios for the elected positions listed below:
  • Treasurer (elect 1):
    • Ann Mary Myers
    • Sherrie Rippe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann Mary Myers
As a participant of PACCAR Emerging Leadership Roundtable in Spring 2016, I had to go through a program to find my personal strengths were and it was determined that my top five qualities were:
  1. Activator – Outstanding in bringing thoughts into action
  2. Ideation - To find connections between seemingly disparate things
  3. Analytical – Search for reasons and causes to factor in everything that affects a situation
  4. Futuristic – Inspired by what the future could be and inspiring others with this vision
  5. Significance – To stand out and get recognized
I am passionate about advocating for changes in workplace to create an inclusive environment that addresses the needs of women in a way that increases productivity. In the past, I have been an active member of Society of Automotive Engineers and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. I have served as the Vice Chairman and Treasurer for the local IEEE chapter during my undergraduate days and have been a mentor to college students at Seattle University in the recent past. This is my first year with the Society of Women Engineers and I look forward to being a leader with SWE.

_________________________________________________________________________

Sherrie Rippe
Sherrie Rippe is a Tooling Stress Engineer at Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Everett, WA. Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, she earned her Masters and Bachelor in Civil Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis. Her passion is helping others grow in their professional and personal lives, she serves as a Board member for the North Seattle College Education Fund and is a Professional Career and Life Coach. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, spending time with her husband, and playing with her two dogs and cats.

I am currently running for Treasurer of our section for FY18.  I have learned a lot about Non-Profit accounting in my time as a board member for North Seattle College Education Fund, and I would love to continue to increase my knowledge and aid in the fiscal health of our section. I have experience developing and revising policies and procedures, and would enjoy working with the executive board to ensure all of our procedures and policies are up to date. As a professional member, I have served as SWE-PNW Membership Chair FY09 thru FY11, as SWE-PNW Secretary FY12, and SWE-PNW Section Representative FY15. I am eager to apply my knowledge of how SWE operates to the role of treasurer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels