Wednesday, June 21, 2023

FY24 Section Election Guide - Candidate Bios and Statements

Hello Readers! The FY23 Nomination Committee is excited to present the following slate of candidates for consideration by the membership as SWE PNW officers for the FY24 fiscal year:
  • President-Elect - Extending nomination until 07/09
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer-Elect

Secretary Candidates

My name is Kelsi Bonner, and I am running for secretary of the SWE PNW section. I moved to the Seattle area in 2021, where I landed a job as a structural engineer working on residential projects.  I have been an active member of SWE for six years; I was a member of my collegiate section since my freshmen year of college, and I recently joined the SWE PNW section. In the past year with SWE PNW, I have participated in numerous events and coordinated an outreach event with high school students at Edmonds College. I have attended multiple WE Local conferences, including the conference in Seattle in 2023. I am passionate about SWE because I love inspiring kids within the community to pursue STEM careers and enjoy connecting with other professional members. 


Candidate Statement


Hello, I am Kelsi Bonner and I am running for secretary of the SWE PNW Section. In my collegiate SWE section, I served as secretary and treasurer, and as a member of the leadership board, I eagerly contributed in meetings and planning of section events. As secretary of my collegiate SWE section, I kept correspondence and meeting notes organized to improve the communication among the leadership board members, and I updated the website and social media to ensure members were aware of upcoming events. If I am elected as secretary of the SWE PNW section, I hope to keep members updated and engaged by ensuring all relevant section information is accessible through all platforms (website, email, blog, and social media) because I want to promote participation from members to maintain and grow our section membership. I am dedicated, organized, and hard-working, which is why I believe I would make a great secretary.  I would greatly appreciate your vote. Thank you!



Treasurer-Elect Candidates

Taylor McGriff

 
Hi! I’m Taylor. I graduated from WSU with my BS in Mechanical Engineering in 2020. I work for ATS Automation, a controls contractor in Western Washington, as a Sales Engineer where I do preliminary design of controls system and estimating. Outside of work I am a hip hop dancer, novice ice skater, and a huge fan of both Taylor Swift and Minions. Throughout my life I have always found myself in finance roles, with the most recent being a finance advisor and treasurer of my sorority. I love the community that SWE allows us to build here in the PNW and would love to use my background to help keep this community stay strong.
 

Candidate Statement

Since attending the WE Seattle conference earlier this year I have been excited to be more involved in SWE. I am excited to learn more and be more involved. I have had past experience in finance positions throughout my life which I hope to apply to the treasurer position going forward. In university, I was the treasurer of my sorority managing 200 member accounts and a budget of $300,000. I also spent a semester in the student body government as the Finance committee chair for the ASWSU Senate managing a budget of around $300,000 as well. Post graduation, I previously worked as a Finance Advisor for my sorority and oversaw the decisions and planning for a chapter. I had to overcome many obstacles when working with young adults which included solving problems of overspending, and rebalancing budgets. In my day job, I am an estimator and work with budgets every day. I have projects that I managed for years before they came to fruition. I also have projects where I have had to turn around pricing in as quickly as a few hours. By being more involved, I hope to meet more people. Throughout life, I have found that the best way to meet people is to be where others are. I hope that by taking on this role I might get to meet more people and make friends. That might sound odd, some people might think that finances are not the best way to meet people, but I have found that finances impact every area of an organization and give me the opportunity to meet even more people, plus it comes easy to me. I would be thrilled to be more deeply ingrained in this community I have come to love so much. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels